3/16/2010

LTE Connected Car shortlisted for CTIA emerging technology award

“So you want to submit your wireless device to our awards program. Can we see it?”

“Well, actually, I don’t have it on me.”

“Oh, that’s too bad.”

“Not really.”

“What do you mean, not really?"

“Because I drove here in it.”

The LTE Connected Car demonstrates how a combination of QNX technology and 4G mobile networks is poised to transform the driving experience — a combination that will, in effect, redefine the “mobile” in automobile.

I’ve discussed the LTE Connected Car many times in this blog, so I won’t blabber about it today. I will say, however, that the CTIA emerging technology awards program has just shortlisted the LTE Connected Car in two award categories. In fact, you can even vote for the car should the fancy take you. (That's a hint.)

To vote for the car in the “Mobile CE - Fashion & Lifestyle Product” category, click here. To vote for it in the “Mobile Applications - Health/Public Safety/Transportation” category, click here.

In either case, simply log in with your e-mail address and click "Mark as Favorite".

No comments: