No, not that kind of squeezing.
His title for the webinar is "Squeezing high-end technologies into low-end infotainment systems." Admittedly, it's more direct than mine. Which is fitting, given that Andy has direct experience designing in-car systems. OnStar, for example.
But I digress. I'm sure you'd like to know what Andy plans to cover, so here's the overview:
- Squeezing high-end technologies into low-end infotainment systems
- Today's infotainment systems have it all – full multimedia, mobile device integration, POI-enabled navigation, speech recognition, high-resolution graphics, and cloud connectivity. The only problem is all of these features come with a big price tag.
- Join Andy Gryc, automotive marketing manager, for this webinar, where he answers the question: Is it possible to build an infotainment system that meets today's customer demands with yesterday's price tag?
- A 50-minute session (plus Q&A), this webinar covers a number of techniques to help slim down your next infotainment's BOM cost; it also suggests ways to target the luxury segment as well as the more cost-conscious, high-volume one with the same basic technology.
- Date: Tuesday October 23, 2012
- Time: 12:00 pm ET
- Duration: 1 hour, including Q&A
- Registration: Click here to register
- Who should attend: Automotive software engineers and managers
This post also appeared on the QNX Auto Blog.